Honey B. Combe Burlesque presents.....Little Egypt!
Finally! Honey B. Combe came to life last night at our premier show, and holy moly was it a blast! Dolly Dagger and Sugar Cane Jane entered into existence at about 11:00pm, opening for the fabulous Loraine Rose and Miss Pussycat of Eve's Parlor Burlesque, which was quite a delight. We were also accompanied throughout the night by a cast of beautiful cigarette girls, dress in fantstic 40s reproduction pieces, complimented by matching hand-crafted cigarette trays and caps. All the gals were smokin', and immaculately done up!!! I had the privileged opportunity, as I was portraying Little Egypt, to wear an authentic fully tassled and beaded burlesque two piece set from the estate of twin sister burlesque dancers from the 1940s! And Lindsey, portraying the circus master, had on a fabulous vintage coat-tail tuxedo with vintage black sequined bloomers, accentuated by cuban seamed hosiery! We also, threw on some Carmen Miranda inspired lashes to top the whole thing off, woot woot!
I thought I'd share some pictures of the crazy costumes we concocted and share the song we performed to, "Little Egypt", by the Coasters. (this song has also been performed by the late Elvis Presley, among others, I recommend looking up the video of him and his showgirls shaking it to the same song, it's pretty fab!)
The beginning of the night, anxiously awaiting to be announced...
Hanging out with Lisa, one of the lovely cigarette girls, getting ready for call time...
Step right up, folks...
...and see Little Egypt do her famous dance of the pyramids...
And right before we enetered, we got to sneak a photo on this bad ass car.
And then it was time to shake!!!!!
Victory! (what a night..once i put my glasses back on after our set, it was impossible to see properly with those whacky lashes glued on)
The Coasters - Little Egypt
And here's Elvis's version; I think this act is the tops!